Monday, June 14, 2010

No more NORMALIZATION

No more NORMALIZATION
So I realize that the above word might not be an actual word, but by the end of this blog, hopefully it will make sense for you. The last few days have been busy. On Friday, Vicki and Emilee went with the team to the first medical clinic. They both had a blast. Vicki was able to get out of the base and use her nursing skills. Emilee was a big hit with her red hair, and of course, her smile. She also made a friend really quick, and it was not long before they were going everywhere hand in hand.


Emilee also was a big helper with the passing out candy too.
Saturday saw Justin and AJ going out to the second village. Even though it was a small one, it was a village that God choose this team to go to. A big connection was formed and again, many people came to know Christ as their LORD and Savior.
Did you know that 2/3 rds of the world is poor? That same group, contains many who have never heard of the LORD. Every second, someone who does not know Jesus dies. Yet, we as Americans, can get so comfortable in our lives, and in our normalization of our lives. For me, this is something that I have been fighting. I do not want to simply go through the motions of life. I am tired of “playing church”. I am not wanting to look back on my life when I stand before Jesus face to face and see that I lived the safest life possible and was not radical for HIS name. I want to “BE the Church”. I want to be that down here this summer, back in Iowa this Fall, every moment. This week has been a great one for us already. This team has been great. It has been a team that has not been what it originally perceived to be. God has used this team to bless many. They fixed the pump, built four houses, ministered to the staff, and sang praises to God in Spanish at the villages, and much more. I shared with Vicki today, that I am curious to see why God brought our family to Guatemala for a summer. I had always looked at what it will do in my life, but it really hit me…what if God brought us all here to impact one if not all of our kids for Christ! It might be something that will grow in their hearts and lives and something that Vicki and I will never see this side of Heaven. It has been worth it so far. Yet again, what if the reason is for us to share Christ with just one person in a village who would not have know Christ otherwise. More than likely that person will never be famous. You may never even know their name. Would it still be worth it, being down here. Please look at Acts 16 and you tell me. We thank you for your prayers everyday. They were felt Saturday night when my van ( a 4 X4 Ford) got stuck! We slid off the road partially because of the slick dirt roads. The passenger front tire was buried in mud and water…buried! By the power of the LORD and answering the prayers of the passengers, we were able to get unstuck. No luck or chance, simple grace. Keep the prayers coming, and keep the focus that the Schrock family can remain in the center of God’s Will. Blessings ~ Justin

No comments: