Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

A great big shout out to all Fathers on this day.  Well I, Justin, decided to let Vicki go on this medical clinic tonight because it is a coastal village (which means very sick) and Team Ivanrest has some people that can easily drive.  I went last night to the village and was amazed at how 25 people in this tiny village, gave their lives to Christ for the first time.  The drive their was BEAUTIFUL...but the drive back was nerve racking at first.  VERY narrow roads, rain, and fog.  The LORD provided and we were able to get home around 11:30pm.
Okay, back to tonight.  As write this, it is 8pm....the team had a 4 hour drive, and if it rains, they probably will not make it back to the base tonight.  Dan was already stating via phone call to Heidi, that it was an interesting road.  More than likely the chains would have to come on the 4X4 van even!
PLUS, this village does not have electricity AND the gas generator got left at the village last night by mistake.  Can definitely tell that there is a force not wanting this team to advance in the name of the LORD.  So, pray that the rains hold off, that the team arrives home safely, BUT more importantly, that this village that has not a single Christian and is forgotten by the rest of the world, has its residents come to know Christ!
I had a good Father's Day with the kiddos.  We laughed, and were busy at the base.  Yes, I know it is Sunday, but I still feel like we are called here to help out whenever and however.  So I painted the new shelf above the sinks, I put together a closet rack for Erin (the new staff member coming down in July), I organized the construction boxes, read, played games with the kids, weeded the retaining wall, and am typing a blog.  This team leaves on Tuesday and then we find ourselves with three days to get ready for the next team, Team Iowa (Maurice!!!!).  We are very excited.  I am anxious for when we build the houses because the 5 of them are right next to (about a block away) from the last five we built.  One of them is for an aunt of kids we just built for.  5 kids, the oldest is a 15 year old girl named Grisyelda and Elisa is a 12 year boy.  I did not meet the younger 3 kids, as they were not at the dedication.  But all 5 of these kids have been abandoned by their parents.  The aunt is close by, but is barely involved in their lives due to her poverty.  I look forward to reconnecting with these orphans.  They both excepted Christ on Friday.  After they prayed the team that built the house hugged them and gave BIG smiles.  When I bear hugged Elisa, he just melted in my arms and started to sob.  I wondered in that moment, when the last time this boy, who has had to grow up too fast last felt love of a father?  I turned to Grisyelda and did the same, a big bear hug that lifted her off the ground.  The sounds of her sobs are one that will never leave my mind.  I told that she is never alone and that God has watched over them and loves them.  Please look up James 1:27
Not only do we need to watch over the orphans and widows, but we need to live a life that is free from pollution of the world.  The first part is easy to do.  But when we really allow the first part to move us, the second part follows quickly.
Well, I am starting to ramble and I am anxious to hear what God has done in the village tonight.  We will keep you posted as to when the group returns.  Thank you for your continued prayers.  These missionaries here at Paradise Bound give so much.  We as a family are trying our best to help as much as possible.  Yet, we realize the best help we or anyone can give, is to bathe them in prayer and lift them to Christ with each step that they take!
Justin

No comments: