Sunday, June 6, 2010

Where are we going?

Well, in a previous post I had stated that I was only going to take a few kids out at a time.  As a parent I should know better than make such a bold statement.  Today was a day with just the Schrock's and the Smith's.  After debating on what to do with our time we decided to drive into the capital, Guatemala City, and go out for dinner.  With 9 kids, one 15 year old and 4 adults where are we to go?  Well we decided on a location that has good pizza, games, and seating for all.  This location is in the states and a place I have told my kids many times, no we are not going there.  Where did we go you are wondering?  Chuck -E - Cheese.  you are thinking are you kidding me I know you are!  Yep we took the whole tribe to Chuck E Cheese.  It went relatively well, despite the excruciating heat in the restaurant.  Then Heidi and I had to run to a store like Sam's club and grab a few bulk items while the rest went to Mc Donald's for ice cream.   Now I know you are thinking, I thought they went to Guatemala, a 3rd world country.  We did, but sometimes some normalcy is nice to have.  So, our Sunday was full of family time and excitement before the team arrives tomorrow at 11:30. 

No comments: