Saturday, July 26, 2014

How are you MARKED

So, you are probably shocked to find a second post in one day after a week of silence.  I hope that you are sitting down.  This summer has been filled and looking at the calendar, the fall is not slowly down either.

We are on team 6 out of 7 for the summer.  As the team is out on a Medical Clinic along the coast (can you say H.O.T.!!!!), I find myself at the base while my nurse of a wife is in her element.  I enjoy these times as it allows me to try to catch up with the administration work, hang with the kids, swing down to the orphanage, chat with the guards and learn more Spanish.

But what was laid on my heart today, was something that I felt compelled to share with you.  Markings.

As I look at my legs and see bug bites galore, I am reminded that we can get marked in our lives.  Bites, scars, dents, bruises, etc.  Some are short term and some are life long.  Each one tells a story.  Good, bad, and even ugly...they make us who we are today.

Last year when I was in grad school, I was in a group required to write a student leadership curriculum.   We started with a concept from a professor and one of his books.  We simply feel in love with the truth that he offered and we ran with it.


What are the markings of a Christ follower?  How can those markings tell a story of who you are and who Christ is?  How can you allow those markings to be long lasting?

Here is our suggestion:  A Christian is truly MARKED, when they embrace four characteristics into their entire life.
LOVE.
GOODNESS.
FREEDOM.
WIDSOM.

Do you have these battle scars in your life?  Would you say you are marked with these?  How can we allow Christ to brand our hearts, minds, and souls so that these four traits marinate the fiber of our speech, actions, thoughts, and way of life?

So as you prepare for a new day tomorrow, may you be marked by Christ.....not just for a moment, but for a lifetime!

This summer in Guatemala, we are seeing people EMBRACING these markings!!!!  Are you?

~Dios Te Bendiga
~Justin


https://sites.google.com/site/markedstudentleadership/home




Justin's chair of choice just before lunch....this time a team member joins in the fun as well!


No comments: