Saturday, June 13, 2015

From where I am sitting..


As I sit outside on my deck, I feel the crisp breeze and the slight sound of the evening insects beginning to sing.  The rumble of a storm off in the distance reminds me that indeed this is the rainy season still. 

The first team is out in La Benedicion tonight for the second night of medical clinics.  I am home with the younger three kids, as the night would prove to be too difficult for them.  The day has been a good one of catching up on reports, projects, fixing pony tails, and whatever comes our way.

This past week has been a good one for Team OCCS.  The students have been amazing.  It also has been so fun to see everyone (as we have a few from Indiana and Michigan as well) interacting so well.

All four families at Tonajuyu declared “I want Christ in my heart!”, the first medical clinic saw many come forward to cry out for the Spirit, and tonight we see a return to a village that PBM has been to before.  Back in 2001 there was a medical clinic there, in 2008 and 2009 there was a house build session, with teams staying in the village as they built, and tonight we see us returning to partner with the pastors that have been a part of the Timothy Leadership Training.  It is really amazing to stop and think about all that God has and is doing this week.

Tomorrow night we see the group continue working on various projects at the base and head into Antigua for some shopping and seeing the sights.  Then tomorrow night is the final devotion time. This time is usually an impacting time for the team.  It is an opportunity for each person to take a serious look at his or her own lives.  Please pray for this time and for this team.

As I type, I look out and see a group of people gathered for a funeral at the cemetery near the base.  As I ponder the full cycle of life and wonder what the story was/is with the family involved, I cannot be help to notice the hill behind this gathering.  It is our hill that has only 3 trees on top.  I am reminded of the Story of the Three Trees. 

Christ is all around us.  Hope is alive because He lives.  But as for me, I will always have hope.  We (the Schrock family) find ourselves down to 19 more days of living in Guatemala.  We know for a fact that it will be a unique transition.  Yes, it is home.  Yes it is an area we are familiar with.  Yes, to many things.  Yet, in this yes remain a few unknowns.  A few new adventures.  A new job.  A new role.  A new place.  I often have said, once we were clear of our calling back to Iowa, moving to Guatemala was a step of faith…but moving back to Iowa in this newfound position will be a leap of faith.

We trust God for His fulfillment of our Calling in Him….for a job, for ministry, for everything. 

Yet, But as for me, I will always have Hope.  Much like those three trees standing tall for many hills to see, we will continue on in the journey of following Him.


Psalm 71

~Justin

Iximche

Naomi and Emilee and Justin with the Mechanic Team at Iximche


Guatemalan Pastors at PBM Isdrio, Emigdio, Darvin, Estuardo, Jesus, Rene, Miguel, Pablo

Happy Painter

A painting by one of the team members from NW Iowa....Schiebout original

Family accepting Christ for the first time!

family at a funeral and our Three Trees on the hill behind them

No comments: