Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Better late than never!

I know that I promised you this post2 nights ago, but in my defense, the internet was down and Devotions last night were amazing.  I also value sleep a whole lot and decided you could all wait till tonight. 
I, Vicki, was able to go to the medical clinic on Sunday night.  Again I simply float in between the two lines of patients and answer questions as needed.  There were lots of patients that were very sick with parasites and amoebas that are all stemming back to the Tropical Storm ~ Agatha.
  At one point there was a young mom holding her baby waiting to have her medications explained to her.  I was prompted to take the little one and hold him for a few minutes.  While I was holding this 20 day baby with no name yet, I started to undress the many layers of clothing.  As a mom I never get tired of counting babies fingers.  When I counted I noticed that this little one had an extra skin tag attached to his pinkie fingers.  I then spoke up and told Dan about it.  A few moments later myself and Shelia DeJong had removed each skin tag and the mom was beaming from ear to ear.  As I reflect on this instance I realized that God prompted me to take this little one in my arms and to find this small blemish.  The mother had not asked about the extra appendage, I assume out of shame.  How often out of shame do I not ask God the almighty power about my small blemish.  He could fix it really simply just like Shelia and I fixed this 20 day old baby.  A GOD MOMENT.

I also met an 8 year old boy with cleft lip and palate.  I have to share a photos but it is shocking.  Pray for this family to call Dan and receive the treatment that he needs.
This evening was intense with the devil at work in many many avenues.  Yet the Lord prevailed and we were stretched during the Jesus Film, testimony time and singing.  A harvest was reaped in the Lords name.  This harvest included a 79 year old women that has stomach ulcers and possibly stomach cancer.  With the weakness and emptiness that we saw in her eyes, she could die in days or weeks.  Yet, she gave her life to Christ at this clinic and we can rest in peace knowing that she knows our Almighty Savior. Although many souls were harvested a question arose; Did we go to this village only for this 79 year old eternal soul?  I will only find out when I meet my Lord in Heaven. 
the Lord provided safety on the roads and we reached the base as a team.  This team will never be exactly the same as we met our Eternal Lord and Savior on this night.

No comments: