Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fried Chicken and Tostadas and changed lives!

Team Iowa has been a blessing this week.  This is the first week this summer where the team has started with the medical clinics and then ended with the house building.  Yesterday was stucco and awning day, with today being the roof and painting day....for the morning anyway.  We then preceded to dedicate the homes in the afternoon.  This precious moment is one full of power and amazement as the team circles the home, and the group that built it, enters with the family, Dan, and Pastor Hermano Jesus.  I will stop there with the explaining and allow you to contact a person who is on Team Iowa to find out more!  Just know that many families are now written in the Book of Life. 
    It has been unique for me, Justin, to be engaged in this team.  They are of "our youth group", yet after working as the sidekick to Dan these past few weeks, I found myself needing to shift gears at times.  It has been really fun though, to see and experience the growth in and among the group!  Today was also Dan's birthday.  Once in a while the families that are receiving the homes cook a special meal for Dan and his staff (this summer includes me!)  So, not only were tostadas on the menu today, but chicken as well. 
    This day has been a good one.  Devos tonight proved that God not only changed the lives of five families for eternity, but the hearts of the students and adults on this trip have been moved greatly.  While singing the song Mighty to Save the phrase, He can move the mountains is blasted out.  It hit me, I literally believe that Mountains can move in and through the name of Christ, BUT He can move the biggest mountain of all...the wall of stone around our hearts!  Praise God.  One other thought that I have not been able to shake is a new name for God.  Well, new to me anyway.  YOU ARE!  The LORD himself says He is called, I AM, and with me agreeing with that name, I reply with all of my heart, YOU ARE.  May you, go tonight, this day, or whenever you are reading this, knowing full well, that HE is, was, and is to come.  Speak directly to the Creator of all and delcare to Him: YOU ARE...amazing, mighty, wonderful, the healer, the sustainer, the ONE, the.........

No comments: