Saturday, June 7, 2014

On the Verge...

Well, here it is, down to the last day before the teams come in for the summer.  There will be seven teams coming this summer.  We will be busy with new villages and houses, new villages and medical clinics, visiting new villages and churches and training/connecting with pastors....the theme, is new.  This summer is going to be one filled with a lot of newness.

As I wake each morning (okay, maybe earlier than I would like) I get to see the sunrise (when the summer rains will allow it to shine) over the mountain ridges out our living room window.  Lately I have had a song come to my mind.  Now, this song has a small story to it as well.  I only remember part of it and I have not sung it since I was a freshman in high school.  My high school music teacher, Mr. Cooper, was big on bringing in choruses that held Christian over and under tones.  The song was called, The New Day.

"You are the new day.  I will love you more today than yesterday.  You are the new day".  That is it!  That is all I can remember, short of the melody as well.  Yet, it sticks with my inner being.....each day I am reminded that it is HE that makes the new.  No matter what yesterday held, today is a new day.  The maker of all, makes all things new.  So today, He is the new day.  May this new day be a day where you seek after Him and see Him in all things.  May the sun shining or the birds singing or the raining falling give you pause to think on Jesus, the Word made flesh.


You are the new day.  I will love you more today than yesterday, you are the new day....Jesus!


~Justin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey AJ!

Anonymous said...

Hey AJ!

Anonymous said...

Hey AJ!

Anonymous said...

Hey AJ!

The Houge's said...

Seems that Faith is having a little trouble leaving comments. She is no longer Miss "Anonymous". What is the best way for her to stay in contact with AJ? You can send a note to our email (Jo D has ours if you lost it, I don't want to post it here) or cell phone text! Hope everyone arrived safely! Hugs and kisses to all! Shelise and Faith