Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The work must be done!






The work must be done.

Naomi, Yohana, Lesly~Working
We can take this statement many ways.  I need to do the work now OR the work is complete.  Or is there even more?  My writing has been silent for a bit.  I am being worked on.  Sometimes this work is enjoyable and other times it is strenuous.  I would say that the work for me as of late has been difficult, maybe even listed as a trial.  I have stayed true to our Heavenly Father and as I have I’ve felt HIS presence and reassurance.

On Aug 8 I was reading my devotion out of “Jesus Calling”  and the LORD spoke.  I need to find Joy in the little things.  “The best response is a heart overflowing with gratitude.  I am training you to cultivate a thankful mind-set. “  I think I’m a thankful person, but am I really thank-ful for all things the Lord has given me. . . even my trials?  UMmmmm  much thought and contemplation went into this simple lesson on thankfulness. 
1.     I’m thankful for a loving God who will never abandon me . . .”Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love HIM.” James 1:12
2.     I’m thankful for my husband who is supportive through thick and thin. (In our life sometime it feels more thick than thin J)
3.     I’m thankful for my kids.  Sometimes this is my biggest trial and I need to turn that into abounding joy and thanksgiving.
4.     I’m thankful for the small place we call home in Guatemala.  It keeps us warm, dry, and a family.
So as I walk this journey of life I am reminded of the need for Joy.
Got it God now let’s move on.
The beautiful volcano Agua, off of the patio!

OH no, another lesson? 
This one has been one that I have worked on for a long time and still have much to learn.  I tend to be task oriented or maybe a different and stronger word is a work-ahalic.  I enjoy making a list and then at the end of the day seeing how much I’ve accomplished.  It brings me much joy to cross it off!  I know that accomplishment is not always what God wants for me in a day.  Sometimes HE wants me to sit and enjoy all that HE has created!  Again, “Jesus Calling” was my tool to hear HIM speak.  “REST IN ME, MY CHILD.  This time devoted to Me is meant to be peaceful, not stressful.  You don’t have to perform in order to receive My Love.  Be careful that your devotion to me does not become another form of works.  I want you to come into My Presence joyfully and confidently.”  Oh man I need to rest and do the resting peacefully!  Okay Lord.  I will rest in your grace and peace, joyfully.
Watching the fog roll in!
The tale of 3 trees~sometimes we need to
rest a while to realize our full potential!

The work must be done, sometimes the work is different than I thought it would be.  

Thank you Father for continuing to work on me!



vicki

No comments: